Saskatchewan Hunts - Forum  

Go Back   Saskatchewan Hunts - Forum > Saskatchewanhunts.ca General > New Members

Old 10-17-2009, 10:00 AM

Default Welcome to new members

I would like to say hi to anyone new coming in the forum. Welcome to Saskatchewanhunts.ca.

Feel free to introduce yourself and say a bit about your hunting interests here.

As for me, I am on the website development team from KCDC in La Ronge, Sk. I do a bit of shotgun hunting for birds and rifle hunting mainly for whitetail. I am also an addicted fisherman.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:59 AM

Hi all, I am from south eastern Sask. I am a full time outdoors person who loves to hunt and fish and on my spare time I am the forman for the RM of Spyhill. I am also a field host of The Hunting Chronicles TV Show that is on Wild TV.

But remember family is as important so next time you sit down as a family to enjoy something on TV, tune into The Hunting Chronicles and try to get the young ones out there to enjoy the outdoors.

HAPPY HUNTING

REMEMBER TO SQUEEEEEZE THAT TRIGGER
Old 10-17-2009, 05:27 PM

Hi all! I also am an outdoors nut from southeast Sask. If it can be hunted I've hunted it or hope to! Along with halfdoc and .35 whelen I am also a field host for The Hunting Chronicles TV Show.

HUNT IT HARD
Old 10-17-2009, 05:46 PM

Good to see guys from the SE. I'm originally from Redvers, where my dad got me into hunting. I still go down there every year for the whitetail hunt. Love the country.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:11 PM

Ya there is good whitey hunting in the general area, and it brings lots of friends back home to hunt year after year.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:32 PM
SaskatchewanHunts Creator

Default GreatWhite

Hey everyone. I'm the creator of SaskatchewanHunts.ca. Kind of bizzare now that I think of it. I was sitting in my little 12ft boat floating down the South Saskatchewan River. We were jigging for walleye when I turned to my buddy and said "you know that website FishingSaskatchewan? Why isn't there a hunting one?" We both thought it was a great idea. So after that evening of fishing I went home and got on the horn with RJKCDC. I described what I was thinking and asked if they could build it. RJ explained that their crew could get the job done. I spent that winter stuck in our appartment ticking and clicking away on the computer, doing photography, collecting nature video, and making phone calls. A few months later and here we are. Pretty neat. Really glad I stuck to my guns and never gave up on the project. Now I have a whole crew of guys that have to listen to my ramblings. Enjoy the site guys/girls. Tell everyone you know and use the photo gallery. Thats enough babbling let me tell you a little bit about myself.

1. Super duper outdoorsman.
2. Grew up hunting/fishing around Saskatoon, Melfort, and La Ronge.
3. Spent approx 10 years in the north country (La Ronge)
4. Flew commercial aircraft out of La Ronge for Athabasca/Transwest Air.
5. Worked as a fishing guide on Lac La Ronge

Pinnacle of hunting career: Taking a bull moose with my uncle and his brother Lorne on the Montreal River. This is a good story which I will share at some point.

Weapons of choice: bow, muzzleloader, rifle, and camera
Old 10-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Administrator

I guess I should introduce myself too.

I'm from Saskatoon, and as far as shooting goes, my main interests lay in the trap / skeet / sporting clays realm. Pretty much anything to do with shotguns. However, I have a definite passion for target and varmint/Predator shooting as well.

When it comes to hunting, I really enjoy the upland and migratory aspects, but I won't say no to stalking a nice whitetail or mulie, or sitting for hours on end in the treestand with a bow.

Other than that, like quite a few people around here I came over from FishingSaskatchewan.ca. I love fishing and pretty much anything to do with it. During the summer I'm on the water atleast 2-3 nights a week (except Tues/Thurs/Sun which is trap & skeet). I get even more neurotic come ice fishing season. It takes a certain type of person to freeze their butt off for 8-10 hours in -30 degree weather while staring at an 8" hole in the ice. I'd like to think I'm one of those people.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:01 PM

Well i guess i should introduce my self, started hunting and fishing as soon as i could hold a rifle and a fishing pole. Grew up with greatwhite, we have known each other since kindergarten, and have shared quite a few hunting adventures. Best adventure ever was fishing with greatwhite in yukon for king salmon, story for another time. Congrats on the website big guy.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:39 PM

Well I am new to this forum thing, and I don't hunt, but my husband does, so I figured I would come on here and see what all the fuss is about!
Old 10-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehunterswife View Post
Well I am new to this forum thing, and I don't hunt, but my husband does, so I figured I would come on here and see what all the fuss is about!
Or just check up on him and make sure he's not posting hunting stories from that quick duck shoot when he was supposed to be out getting groceries

Anyways, welcome aboard. It's nice to get more women involved in a traditionally male dominated activity. Now if only I could figure out how to get my girlfriend involved. Been trying to do that for years.